Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Dell Crystal Takes Home Best of CES Innovations Award 2008

At CES 2008, the Dell Crystal 22" monitor was awarded the Best of CES Innovations Award. I was intrigued about this product - I had heard rumours that Dell was working on a PlexiGlass monitor but those were just rumors. The only PlexiGlass monitor I had seen was the modded Samsung one. When I first saw this monitor, I was amazed. This looks nothing like that modded screen. It has a few interesting features like capacitative buttons and built in speakers with a sub woofer. Now, anytime I hear about sub woofers on a monitor, I tend to take it with a grain of salt - just how much power can such speakers have? I guess I'll have to wait until our labs here can get one of them. This is one baby I'd love to ride.

Click here for image -- (Image courtesy Dell Inc.)

Specifications:

Viewable Image Size
22” widescreen
Preset Display Area
473.76mm (horizontal), 296.1mm (vertical)
18.65” (horizontal), 11.66” (vertical)
Optimal Resolution
1680 x 1050 at 60 Hz
Pixel Pitch
0.282mm
Brightness (Typical)
270cd/m2
Color Gamut (Typical)
98%3(TrueColor Technology)
Dynamic Contrast Ratio (Typical)
2000:1
Viewing Angle (Typical)
160° (vertical), 160°(horizontal)
Response Time (Typical)
2ms grey to grey


More info on the Dell Crystal can be found here

No comments: